Labels & Reports Overrides
Override global defaults for reports and labels
By default, the Global (application-wide) settings for file templates that are used
for Labels and Reports
are defined in the 'Labels/Reports' tab of the Options
For most users, this is the only place where Labels and Reports templates are defined.
In situations where the Global template is not acceptable, Ape can override the
template in the Equipment,
Site (Client), Model Number, or Equipment Type. For example, if a 12 mm label is set
at the Global
level and a different size (larger or smaller) is required for a specific Model Number or Equipment,
different label template can be selected at the Model or Equipment level.
Just like the 'Labels/Reports' tab of the Options dialog
Other tab of the Equipment dialog (below) has all the
as most of the same Reports. In the other dialogs that have Label and Report Override
similar fields. The only difference at the Override level, compared to the Global level,
is that at
the Override level the templates values can be cleared by clicking on the [Red X] buttons.
- Calibration Due: Prints when the calibration frequency generates
a due date and
uses labels with the "Due Cal" string in their file name.
- Asset: File templates are identified as Asset labels by the
"Asset" string in
the file name.
- Cal Not Required: Prints in place of the Calibration Due label
when the Calibration
Frequency is "Cal Not Required" and is identified as CNR label by the CNR string in the file name.
- Next Use: Print in place of the Calibration Due label when
the Calibration Frequency
is "Next Use" and the labels are identified by a "NextUse" string in their file name.
- Calibration Cert: Template used when printing a Calibration
- Due Cal Report: Report template used when printing the Calibration
- Cal Worksheet: Calibration Worksheet that prints when the
Equipment record has
a Measurement Template or a previous Calibration Event.
- Cal History: Calibration History of an Equipment record.
- OOT Investigation: Designates the Out-Of-Tolerance (OOT) Investigation
used when Equipment received for calibration is found OOT.
Referring to the diagram below, overrides apply to Labels and Reports via four paths
- Direct: Override directly through an Equipment Record on the
An override through an Equipment Record supersedes all other methods.
- Company (blue line): Override labels or reports through a
Company record connected
to an Equipment Record. This override holds priority over those below.
- Model Number (red line): Override labels or reports through
a Model Number record
connected to an Equipment Record. This override holds priority over those below.
- Equipment Type (green line): Override labels or reports through
an Equipment Type
record connected to an Equipment Record. This override holds priority over those below.
- Equipment Type — Model Number (yellow line): Override labels
or reports by linking
an Equipment Type to a Model Number, then linking the Model Number to the Equipment Record.
- (Not Shown) Options Dialog: Override labels or reports through
the Options Dialog.
Last Updated: 6 Feb 2017
Compatibility: Versions 8.0 and Higher
Download Calibration Control