Step-by-Step Procedures for Worksheets
The Procedural Steps feature allows users to define step-by-step procedures that appear on Calibration Worksheets or within custom reports.
Each Step in a Procedure is a Procedural Step while each Procedural Group (i.e., step-by-step procedure) is a collection of
Procedural Steps in a specific order. To eliminate the need for duplication, each Procedural Step can be linked to multiple
Procedural Groups can be linked to Equipment Type, Model Number, and Equipment records and, when linked, the Steps for a given Group will appear
on the default Calibration Worksheet for Procedural Steps.
Create a new Procedural Group record to represent a new Procedure.
- Group Name: Name that represents a collection of Procedural Steps
- Code: Procedure Group Code, if needed
- Group Type: Used to classify the group
- Notes: Record additional details about the group.
- Active: Currently in use (active record)
The Procedural Steps tab of the Group contain the steps linked to the Group. Use the buttons at the bottom of the grid
- [Add +] a new Step
- [Link] an existing Step
- [Edit] the selected Step
- [Unlink] the selected Step from the current Group while leaving
it for other Groups
- [Delete] the selected Step from ALL Groups
Create a Procedural Step record from it's main grid or from within the Procedural Steps tab of the Procedural Group dialog.
- Description: Short description of the actual step (action)
- Code: Procedural Step Code, if needed
- Step Type: Assigning a Step Type is a good way to categorize Steps
- Response Type: While currently not in use, this field will designate what kind of response (in the software) will be required from the user.
- Active: Procedural Step is still in use when checked
- Notes: Add any additional notes required for a Step
Linking Procedural Groups to Equipment
Procedural Groups can be link to the Equipment Type, Model Number, or directly to the Equipment record. Therefore,
any Equipment record linked to an Equipment Type or Model Number will also be linked to that Type or Model Number's Procedural Group. In the
instance that a different Procedural Group is linked to all three records (i.e., Type, Model, & Equipment), only the highest priority link will be displayed on the
Calibration Worksheet. The priority is (1) Equipment record, (2) Model Number, and finally (3) Equipment Type.
Last Updated: 18 Jan 2016
Compatibility: Versions 8.9 and Higher
Download Calibration Control