Fix most setup or configuration problems
Most configuration or setup problems you may encounter while using the Ape Software
database can be resolved or isolated
using the following steps.
Version: Confirm you have the most current version installed:
Reset 1: Try a level-one reset by clicking the [Restore Defaults]
button in the Options dialog.
Reset 2: Try a level-two reset by closing Ape Software and
deleting these files in the
Settings folder: general.config file and layout folder. Your Settings Folder is at:
Note: The database location is defined in the general.config
file. Therefore, if you delete
the general.config and you have an 'apecal.mdb' file in the Settings Folder, which is the default
location for the Data
Folder, the application will automatically collect to that database (i.e., apecal.mdb).
If the apecal.mdb file does
not exist in the Settings folder, you will see the following dialog. Follow the prompts
of the dialog to re-connect
to your database.
In Win Vista/7 = C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
In Win XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration
Isolate Access Database: Assuming none of the above measures
resolve your problem, this step will
help you identify if there is a problem with your database.
- Ensure Ape Software is closed and open the Data folder. Unless you changed
its location, the Data
folder is the same location as the Settings folder (above).
- Rename the apecal.mdb file to something else, like _apecal.mdb. This will make
Ape recreate a new default
database in your Data folder.
- Restart Ape and select the [Yes] button to 'Create a new calibration database' when
you see the dialog above.
- If your problem is resolved in the sample database, then zip your _apecal.mdb file
(your database) and the errorlog.html
and email these files to email@example.com.
Be sure to describe
what you are experiencing.
- If your problem continues to occur with the sample database,
contact Ape Software
Problem Steps Recorder
If you are using an edition of Windows 7 or higher, you can use the built-in
Steps Recorder to record the steps you are taking to reproduce the error. Contact Ape Software at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information,
or as much of it as possible:
- Description of what you are doing that leads to the issue you are trying to communicate.
Be as basic/literal/simple as possible.
- Problem Steps Record File (see above), if possible (file has an *.mht extension)
- errorlog.html file from the Settings folder
- general.config file from the Settings folder
- apecal.mdb file from the Data folder
- Zip above files into a single file/folder if you know how
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Download Calibration Control