THUM Temperature Humidity Device
Setup THUM device to automatically record temperature and humidity
Calibration Control (CC) is compatible with the Temperature and Humidity
USB Monitor (THUM) sold by Practical Design Group. With a THUM device plugged
in and setup on your computer, CC can automatically retrieve temperature and humidity
data for calibration events.
Follow these instructions to integrate your THUM with CC:
- Setup THUM: Follow the setup instructions that arrive with
- Move THUM Database: The default location of the THUM database
(thum.mdb) is in the Program Files folders. This will only work if the signed
in user has read/write access to the Program Files folders. Therefore, always
move the database out of the Program Files folder to a location where everyone has
read/write access, like the CC Settings folder.
- Move the THUM database by opening the THUM application and selecting Show Options
from the Options dropdown menu.
- Update the ‘Database location’ field to reflect your new location, like the CC Settings folder.
- Tell CC Where THUM Is: Open the Folders tab of the Options
dialog in Calibration Control and click the Edit link in the ‘Location of THUM .
. .’ field. Navigate to the same location as above.
- Test Setup: Test the setup be creating a new Calibration
Event record (Calibrations tab of Equipment Edit dialog) and confirming that the
Temp and Humidity fields are automatically populated.
- Insufficient Permissions: Attempt to start the THUM Monitor
software and it reports that the current user has insufficient permissions to make
changes. Resolve this by running the THUM monitor as an Administrator.
Do this by right-clicking on the THUM icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".
- THUM Service Will Not Start: If the THUM service cannot be
started from the THUM Monitor, one or more of the following steps should fix the
problem. For a complete reset, follow each step:
- Close THUM Monitor:  Resets the software.
- Delete THUM Database: Delete the "thum.mdb" file that the
THUM Monitor is pointed to. Ensure this is not the database in the Program
Files folders, which should not be used for live data. Deleting the database
resets the database file to ensure no corruption and that (thum.mdb) is in the proper
version format for the THUM service. Therefore, when opening the "thum.mdb"
file with MS Access, do not allow Access to convert the "thum.mdb" file to a newer
version of MS Access.
- Reset THUM Device: Ensure the electronic THUM device itself
is reset by unplugging it from the computer for at least 5 seconds and plugging
it back in.
- Restart THUM Monitor: Remember to start the THUM Monitor
with Administrator Privileges, if necessary.
- Still Need Help?: Contact
us if the above steps didn't work and we'll get you up and running.
Last updated: 10 Dec 2014
Compatibility: Calibration Control 7.3 and higher
THUM Options Dialog