Minimum System & Configuration Requirements
Minimum requirements for Calibration Control
Calibration Control version 8.9 and higher uses MS .NET 4.0 (full). Therefore,
if your computer can run .NET 4.0 (full) or higher, then Calibration Control should
run properly. Please review the complete .NET Framework System Requirements from Microsoft for more
information. A simplified set of requirements is presented below:
- Processor: Minimum 1 GHz (suggest 2 GHz or higher)
- RAM: Minimum 2 GB of RAM (Suggest at least 8 GB or
higher for smooth operation of all your software)
- HDD Space: 2 GB of hard-disk space minimum if the system
requires the .NET version 4.0 (full) framework
Operating System Requirements
- Access or SQL: CC connects to an MS Access database (on client
or network location) or a SQL Server database (2008 R2 or higher). MS Access
is not required on the computer where CC is installed but it does make it easier
to look directly at the database file, if desired.
- Access vs. SQL: The benefit of using MS Access is that application
and database updates do not usually require IT where using SQL Server will probably
yield faster connectivity over longer distances (e.g., China or different states).
Install Configuration Choices
- Client Application: CC is a Client Application that can be
installed on a single or multiple Clients all pointing to a single database (most
common), installed on a File server (still runs on the client), or installed on
a Terminal server.
- Shared Data and Files Folder: In multi-user mode, no matter
which database type is used, CC requires a central folder location (on file server
for multiple users) and usually the same place as the MS Access database, where
each user has read/write privileges and is mapped the same way.
- Separate Program Files Folder: NEVER
use the Program Files folder for any other purpose besides the placement of the
Program Files. Do not place the Database
or the Files Folder in the same location or below the
Program Files folder. Do not place the Program Files folder in the same folder
or below the Settings Folder.
Admin or Read/Write Privileges
From the perspective of each Client computer account, CC users require access to the following
locations. Normally, these locations are available unless they have been locked
down by local security measures.
- Settings Folder: Read/write access to the Public Documents
folders (Win7, Vista, etc.) or All Users Documents folders (XP). Specifically,
the W7 install uses C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
and XP uses C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration
- Program Folder: Read access the Program Files folder of wherever
CC is installed. Using the default folder, by letting the installation program
decide, is recommended.
- Data and Files Folders: Read/write access to the locations
chosen for the Data Folder and the common Files Folders (e.g., Attachments, Reports
(templates), and Labels (templates). By default, the Data and Files Folder
is the same location as the Settings Folder.
- Registry: Read/write access to the registry location at HKEY_CURRENT_USER
-> Software -> Ape Software.
Let us know if you need help with anything related to CC! We can
share screens via remote support and help you download, install, configure,
give you a tour, and answer questions while you sit back and watch.
Compatibility: Calibration Control versions 8.9 to current
Download Calibration Control