Downgrading a Database
Return database to the previous version
Sometimes after a new version of Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) is deployed a decision is made to return to a previous version. Unfortunately, many Ape updates include changes to the database, which cannot be uninstalled as easily as the software. This is why a manual database backup is strongly encouraged before updating the MS SQL Server database and an automatic backup is made before updating the MS Access database.
Restore Access Database
- Understand the Folders used by Ape
- Open the Data folder and rename the apecal.mdb (e.g., higher-version-apecal.mdb)
- In the same folder, rename the most recent database backup file from apecal-auto-backup-[long number].dbk to apecal.mdb.
- Install the previous version of Ape or download and install one of the older Ape versions that your product key works with.
- Restart the previous version of Ape to confirm the database works.
Restore SQL Server Database
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017