Minimum requirements for Calibration Control
Calibration Control version 8.11 and higher uses MS .NET 4.7.1. Therefore, if your computer can run .NET 4.7.1 or higher, then Calibration Control should run properly. Please review the complete .NET Framework System Requirements from Microsoft for more information. A simplified set of requirements is presented below:
- Processor: Minimum 1 GHz (suggest 2 GHz or higher)
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB of RAM (Suggest 16 GB or higher for smooth operation of all your software)
- HDD Space: 4.5 GB of hard-disk space minimum if the system requires the .NET version 4.7.1 (full) framework
Operating System Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 (not 8.0), Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server 2016 (64-bit), and Windows Server (version 1709)
- DOTNET Framework: .NET 4.7.1
- MS Access Database Drivers: Install either Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable (newer and usually works) or 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components (always works). If these drivers are not installed, Calibration Control will not start. These drivers are required even if connecting to an MS SQL Server because CC uses small Access databases as references and settings sources.
- Brother Label Printer Drivers (32 bit only): The brother label printer drivers are normally included in the Ape Software install file. Therefore, these drivers are only required if AS is installed on a remote computer.
- Access or SQL: CC connects to an MS Access database (on client or network location) or a SQL Server database (2008 R2 or higher). MS Access is not required on the computer where CC is installed but it does make it easier to look directly at the database file, if desired.
- Access vs. SQL: The benefit of using MS Access is that application and database updates do not usually require IT where using SQL Server will probably yield faster connectivity over longer distances (e.g., China or different states).
Install Configuration Choices
- Client Application: CC is a Client Application that can be installed on a single or multiple Clients all pointing to a single database (most common), installed on a File server (still runs on the client), or installed on a Terminal server.
- Shared Data and Files Folder: In multi-user mode, no matter which database type is used, CC requires a central folder location (on file server for multiple users) and usually the same place as the MS Access database, where each user has read/write privileges and is mapped the same way.
- Separate Program Files Folder: NEVER use the Program Files folder for any other purpose besides the placement of the Program Files. Do not place the Database or the Files Folder in the same location or below the Program Files folder. Do not place the Program Files folder in the same folder or below the Settings Folder.
Admin or Read/Write Privileges
From the perspective of each Client computer account, CC users require access to the following locations. Normally, these locations are available unless they have been locked down by local security measures.
- Settings Folder: Read/write access to the Public Documents folders at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
- Program Folder: Read access the Program Files folder of wherever CC is installed. Using the default folder, by letting the installation program decide, is recommended.
- Data and Files Folders: Read/write access to the locations chosen for the Data Folder and the common Files Folders (e.g., Attachments, Reports (templates), and Labels (templates). By default, the Data and Files Folder is the same location as the Settings Folder.
- Registry: Read/write access to the registry location at HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Ape Software.
Let us know if you need help with anything related to CC! We can share screens via remote support and help you download, install, configure, give you a tour, and answer questions while you sit back and watch.
Compatibility: Calibration Control versions 8.11 to current