Using the password security dialog
Find the Password Security dialog in the Options tab of the ribbon menu in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software). Navigate to the Security tab and click on the [Password Security] button.
Use the Password Security dialog to set expiration times, password strength, and naming rules.
The default values of zero (0) mean that a setting is not active.
When a User is Locked Out, Administrators can reset the User sign-in from the User dialog.
- Days Before Expiration: Number of days before a User's Password expires and must be changed.
- Unused Days Before Expiration: Number of days a User can go without signing in before their Password expires and must be changed.
- Invalid Password Attempts: Number of times an incorrect Password can be entered for a given User before that User is locked out. Entering a correct Password for the same User sets the number of incorrect password attempts for that user back to zero.
Minimum Character password rules are enforced when the User creates a new dialog after signing in. The Password assigned by the Administrator in the User dialog is Temporary and is not subject to these rules.
- Upper Case: Minimum number of Upper Case characters required in Passwords.
- Lower Case: Minimum number of Lower Case characters required in Passwords.
- Special: Minimum number of Special Characters required in Passwords.
- Length: Minimum overall length required for all Passwords.
- Cannot Contain User Names: When checked, Passwords cannot contain the First, Last, or User name of the User signing in.
- Different From Temp: When checked, Passwords cannot be the same as the Temporary Passwords set by the Administrators.
Last updated: 27 Feb 2017