Fix most setup or configuration problems
Most configuration or setup problems you may encounter while using Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) can be resolved or isolated using the following steps.
- Version: Confirm you have the most current version installed: Download Ape Software
- Reset 1: Try a level-one reset by clicking the [Restore Defaults] button in the Options dialog.
Reset 2: Try a level-two reset by closing Ape Software and
deleting these files in the
Settings folder: general.config file and layout folder. Your Settings Folder is at:
In Win Vista/7 = C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
In Win XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
Isolate Access Database: Assuming none of the above measures
resolve your problem, this step will
help you identify if there is a problem with your database.
- Ensure Ape Software is closed and open the Data folder. Unless you changed its location, the Data folder is the same location as the Settings folder (above).
- Rename the apecal.mdb file to something else, like _apecal.mdb. This will make Ape recreate a new default database in your Data folder.
- Restart Ape and select the [Yes] button to 'Create a new calibration database' when you see the dialog above.
- If your problem is resolved in the sample database, then zip your _apecal.mdb file (your database) and the errorlog.html and email these files to email@example.com. Be sure to describe what you are experiencing.
- If your problem continues to occur with the sample database, contact Ape Software for assistance.
Problem Steps Recorder
If you are using an edition of Windows 7 or higher, you can use the built-in Problem Steps Recorder to record the steps you are taking to reproduce the error. Contact Ape Software at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information, or as much of it as possible:
- Description of what you are doing that leads to the issue you are trying to communicate. Be as basic/literal/simple as possible.
- Problem Steps Record File (see above), if possible (file has an *.mht extension)
- errorlog.html file from the Settings folder
- general.config file from the Settings folder
- apecal.mdb file from the Data folder
- Zip above files into a single file/folder if you know how
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017