Fix Most Setup or Configuration Problems
Most configuration or setup problems encountered while using Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) can be resolved or isolated using the following steps.
- Version: Confirm that the most current version is installed: Download Ape Software.
- Reset 1: Try a level-one reset by clicking the [Restore Defaults] button at the bottom left corner of the Options dialog.
Reset 2: Try a level-two reset by closing Ape Software and deleting
these files in the Settings folder: 'general.config' file and 'layout' folder. The
Settings Folder is at:
In Win Vista/7 = C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
In Win XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
Isolate Access Database: Assuming none of the above measures resolve
the problem, this step will help identify if there is a problem with the database.
- Open the Data folder from the File menu and then close Calibration Control. Unless its location has been changed, the Data folder is the same location as the Settings folder (above).
- Rename the 'apecal.mdb' file to something else like '_apecal.mdb'. This will make Ape recreate a new default database in the Data folder.
- Restart Ape and when the dialog below appears, select the [MS Access] button to create a new calibration database.
- If the problem is resolved in the sample database, then zip your '_apecal.mdb' file (your database) and the 'errorlog.html' and email these files to email@example.com. Be sure to describe what you are experiencing.
- If the problem continues to occur with the sample database, contact Ape Software for assistance.
Problem Steps Recorder
If using an edition of Windows 7 or higher, use the built-in Problem Steps Recorder to record the steps you are taking to reproduce the error. Contact Ape Software at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information, or as much of it as possible:
- Description of what you are doing that leads to the issue you are trying to communicate. Be as straight-forward/literal/simple as possible.
- Problem Steps Record File (see above), if possible (file has an *.mht extension)
- The 'errorlog.html' file from the Settings folder
- The 'general.config' file from the Settings folder
- The 'apecal.mdb' file from the Data folder
- Zip the above files into a single file/folder if you know how
Last Updated: 9 July 2019