Fix Most Setup or Configuration Problems
Most configuration or setup problems encountered while using Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) can be resolved or isolated using the following steps.
- Version: Confirm that the most current version is installed: Download Ape Software
- Reset 1: Try a level-one reset by clicking the [Restore Defaults] button at the bottom left corner of the Options dialog.
Reset 2: Try a level-two reset by closing Ape Software and deleting
these files in the Settings folder: 'general.config' file and 'layout' folder. The
Settings Folder is at:
In Win Vista/7 = C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
In Win XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Ape Software\Calibration Control
Isolate Access Database: Assuming none of the above measures resolve
the problem, this step will help identify if there is a problem with the database.
- Ensure Ape Software is closed and open the Data folder. Unless its location has been changed, the Data folder is the same location as the Settings folder (above).
- Rename the 'apecal.mdb' file to something else like '_apecal.mdb'. This will make Ape recreate a new default database in the Data folder.
- Restart Ape and when the above dialog appears select the [MS Access] button to create a new calibration database.
- If the problem is resolved in the sample database, then zip your '_apecal.mdb' file (your database) and the 'errorlog.html' and email these files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe what you are experiencing.
- If the problem continues to occur with the sample database, contact Ape Software for assistance.
Problem Steps Recorder
If using an edition of Windows 7 or higher, use the built-in Problem Steps Recorder to record the steps you are taking to reproduce the error. Contact Ape Software at email@example.com with the following information, or as much of it as possible:
- Description of what you are doing that leads to the issue you are trying to communicate. Be as straight-forward/literal/simple as possible.
- Problem Steps Record File (see above), if possible (file has an *.mht extension)
- The 'errorlog.html' file from the Settings folder
- The 'general.config' file from the Settings folder
- The 'apecal.mdb' file from the Data folder
- Zip the above files into a single file/folder if you know how
Last Updated: 13 March 2019