Keep Track of Equipment Model Numbers
Model numbers are specific to pieces of equipment and the Models grid keeps records organized within Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software). View all Models by clicking on the Model Numbers icon in the Data Grids tab of the ribbon menu.
To create a record, either click the green [+] New Record icon in the upper-left corner of the ribbon menu, or right-click in the Models grid to select [New Record] from the context menu. To edit a record, double-click on a record row or right-click in the Models grid and select [Open Record] from the context menu.
Within an open Equipment record, add to the Models combo-box (drop-down list) by clicking directly on the [Model] field name in the Edit Equipment dialog. You can also edit the record of a selected Model by double-clicking in the populated field in the Equipment record. *Certain fields of the Model record can automatically set in the Equipment records; see fields defined below.
- Model Number: The model number of the tool / test equipment, usually assigned by the manufacturer. This is the only required field for a Model record.
- Description: Description of the model number. *This field is automatically set in Equipment records if an existing Model is chosen with the Description populated. After a Model is selected, the Description field in the Edit Equipment dialog can be edited without affecting the Model record.
- Manufacturer: Company that made the model equipment / tool. *This field is also automatically set in Equipment records if an existing Model is chosen and has the Manufacturer field assigned.
- Equip Type: Equipment Types are a custom classification system developed by you, the user of Calibration Control, (e.g., Caliper, 6" Caliper, Thermatron, Oven, etc.) *This field will automatically populate in Equipment records if an existing Model is chosen and has a Type field assigned.
- Calibration Template: Select a Calibration Template to link this Model.
- Procedure Group: Create or select a Procedural Group to link this Model.
- Size/Range: The size or range of the model. *This field will automatically populate in Equipment records if an existing Model Number is chosen with Size/Range field populated.
- Active (Boolean): Check or uncheck the [Active] box to show if this Model is in use or not.
Use the Attachments tab to add, link, and edit Attachment records related to this Model record.
Use the Uncertainty tab to add, link, and edit an Uncertainty Study related to this Model record.
Use the Overrides tab if a unique label or report should be used for the Model, other than the default label or reports. Click on the blue hyperlink to select the desired file name. Remove an override by clicking on its corresponding red [X]. See more examples of label fields.
The Custom tab allows you to create unique fields that pertain to your company. Rename custom fields to create your own content in the Edit Model dialog.
This is a READ-ONLY information tab used as a reference to view which user created the record and which user was the last to edit it, including the dates and times these occurred.