Manage Companies within Calibration Control
Keep track of all the companies you do business with, link them to other records, and manage report overrides using the Company grid and dialog. Find the Companies grid in the Common tab of the menu ribbon of Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software).
The grid header shows a count of your number of Company records (or how many filtered records). Right-click in the Companies grid for an alternate grid view to include the Company Types from the context menu. Note the grid header will show a higher count if any records have more than one linked Company Type.
Use the Main tab to organize all information related to the company itself.
- Name: The name of the Company. This is the only required field for a new Company record.
- ID Number: Assign an identification number to a company record.
- Web: The company's website URL.
- Status: Select the status of the company (Active, Approved, Inactive, etc).
- Next Onsite: Select the date that a technician will return on site again.
- Do Not Auto Email: Select this checkbox to exclude this company from Auto Email Notifications.
- Primary and Alternate Addresses: Enter mailing, billing, or physical address(es).
- Notes Field: Enter short notes or remarks related to this Company record.
Email, Phones, People, and Types Dialog
Use these panel grids to keep track of the email addresses, phone numbers, people, and company types associated with the Company record.
- Email Addresses: Click on the chain link icon to link an existing email address to a company record or click on the green [+] icon to create a new record. Within the email address dialog, select the Type (i.e., Personal, Work, Other) and choose whether the email is Primary, Opted Out, or Invalid. You are also able to easily link or add Company and People records to the email address record right from the dialog.
- Phone Numbers: Add and link phone and fax numbers to a Company record. Within the phone numbers dialog, select the Type (i.e., Direct, Fax, Office) and choose whether the number is Primary, Opted Out, or Invalid. You are also able to easily link or add Company and People records to the phone number record right from the dialog.
- People: Use this tab to link a Person record to a Company. (Use the chain link and green [+] icons, just like the other panel grids.) You can designate someone as the 'Due Cal Contact' at this company for auto-emails. To select a person as the 'Due Cal Contact', open their Person record and within the Main tab check the 'Company Due Cal Contact' checkbox.
- Company Types: Link a Company Type using the 6 checkboxes to specify if it is a Site, Manufacturer, Calibration Service or Maintenance Provider, Client, Supplier, or Other.
Notes and Attachments Tab
Keep track of all notes, certificates, file documents, and/or pictures related to a Company record by using these panel grids.
- Notes: Create new or link existing Notes associated with the Company record.
- Attachments: Add new or link existing Attachments to a Company record, such as documents or images.
- Overrides Tab: While default labels and reports are defined at a global (application) level in the Options dialog, overrides for the Labels and Reports listed here can be entered for a specific Company.
- Custom Tab: Custom fields are available for adding Characters, Dates, Numbers, and Check boxes. Visit the Change Field Names help topic to learn how to edit these fields.
- Meta Tab: This is a READ-ONLY information tab used as a reference to view which user created the record and which user was the last to edit it, including the dates and times these changes occurred.
Last Updated: 01 April 2021