Auto Notify Utility
Send Emails and Desktop Notifications Automatically
Configure one or several Notification Events for scheduled reminders through email,
desktop, or website publishing in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software). Send email notifications to specific groups of people such as Custodians, Technicians, Owners, Department Managers, etc. Receive a desktop
notification of Equipment due for calibration.
Note: Auto notify only needs to be set up on ONE computer in order to avoid duplicate emails.
Before sending automatic Emails, you will need to add your email settings in the Options dialog . The database will need additional related data discussed at the bottom of this page.
Start the Auto Notify utility from the Tools tab in the ribbon menu.
Auto Notify Grid
Currently, 17 Auto Notify events are defined by default.
- DueCal_[Person]: Auto email notifications for the Person identified after the "DueCal_" string.
- DueCal_Desktop: Auto desktop notifications on the current computer.
- DueMaint_[Person]: Auto email notifications for the Person identified after the "DueMaint_" string.
- Website_General: Auto publication of a simple website listing all equipment in Department groups. Set the publish location in the Folders tab of the Options dialog.
Auto Notification Dialog
- Email Subject: The text that appears in the Subject line of the Auto Email Notifications.
- Signature File: Defines which HTML file is used as the email signature (Optional).
- BCC: Whenever an Auto Email is sent, a copy of the email can be sent to an additional email or list of emails. If more than one email in added to the BCC field, separate those emails with a comma, semicolon, or a hard return.
Schedule: There are three frequency options available: Daily, Weekly and Monthly. For a Monthly frequency, select which Day(s) of the month from the Calendar. For a Weekly frequency, select which Day(s) of the Week.
Additionally in this section, Select the Is Active checkbox to automatically create a Task in your Task Scheduler which you can now easily navigate to using the Open Task Scheduler button.
Date & Time: Select the starting date for this event and the specific hour and minute at which you would like the emails to be sent.
Send Message(s)/Send Test Message(s)
- Send Message(s): Pressing sends all the email notifications to the defined Person group (e.g., Custodian, Technician, Manager), displays the desktop notification, or creates the default website.
- Send Test Message(s) to BCC: Sends the email notifications to the email(s) listed in the BCC field only as a test run.
Previously located in your database, all required SQL statements can be viewed/edited here.
View a preview of the current email data. Double-click each user from the Recipients list to view their Equipment Due that will be included in their emails.
Body Template tab
Previously located in your database, all HTMl Email Templates can be viewed/edited here.
Note: Prevent specific users from editing SQL/HTML by defining these skills/permissions in the User dialog (Advanced Skills section).
Email Activity Log
Under the Data Grids tab, in the Logs section, you'll find the Email Activity log. Here you can review details of all emails that were sent out.
The Auto Email Notifications require related data in the following tables:
- People Fields in Equipment Record: Identify the Custodian, Technician, Owner, or Checked out By fields so Calibration Control knows which equipment is related to who.
- Department Field in Equipment Record: Identify the Department in the Equipment dialog and then, in the Department record, identify the Manager and Contact people.
- Site in Equipment Record: Identify the Site (e.g., Customer or Company Site) in the Equipment record and then, in the People records, connect them to Companies.
- Emails in People Records: Ensure the People identified in other locations (e.g., Equipment or Department records) have valid email addresses and ensure they do NOT have "Do Not Email" checked in their person record.
In the tools tab, go to the Equipment Emails grid. Right-click and select which Auto Notify event you are troubleshooting from the bottom of the menu.
Easily filter all equipment that won't be included in that email notification by utilizing the Passed checkbox column. Additionally, all pink highlighted text indicates why an email is not being sent out.
Also, take a look at the SMTP Test Procedure help topic if you are having difficulties with sending Auto-Notify emails.
Last Updated: 29 June 2020