Groups of Equipment Records
Combine separate equipment records in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) into a group (system) for any purpose, such as creating a single test system.
Select the Equipment Systems feature from the Calibration tab of the menu ribbon.
Equipment System Dialog
From the Systems grid, double-click to open a record or right-click to use the context menu. Use the Equipment System dialog to enter or edit information related to Equipment Systems.
- Name: Name of the System. This is the only required field for a new Systems record.
- Site: Company field for geographic Site or Company.
- Department: The department in your organization where the System is currently located.
- Location: The location within the department where the System can be found. This could be a specific area or work place, even an engineer's desk.
- Custodian: The System is kept in the custody or possession of this individual.
- Certificate: Certificate number that was issued by the organization responsible for its last Calibration event. Primarily used as an aid for traceability back to a national measurement standard, especially if this System is a Calibration/Test Standard.
- Personal Property checkbox: Does this System actually belong to someone other than the company? There is also an Owner field in this tab to identify who.
- Technician: The person who normally calibrates this System.
- Owner: The System Owner (Person field), if not the company.
- Status: Select the current Status from the combo box.
- Notes: Like the user fields, use the notes field for whatever purpose your team needs.
Custom Fields Tab
For any other information you need to keep with this Equipment System, there are extra fields in text, date, number, and check box format that can be renamed.
To link an existing Equipment record to an Equipment System, select the Other tab in the Equipment dialog. Use the drop-down arrow to select which System this Equipment belongs to. All Equipment Systems will be listed in the combo box.
Mass Update Function
When editing fields in the System dialog, select the [Update All...] button to apply changes to the Equipment tied to the System.
From the pop-up dialog, confirm which fields to update for all linked Equipment.
An Equipment System label can be printed from the main tab of the System dialog.
Barcode labels of Systems may also be scanned for Check Out.
Default System labels are configured in program Options.
Last Updated: 10 January 2018