All of the simple codes (used in drop downs and other locations) are kept in a single Codes grid for easy reference and update. To edit a Code record, click on the Codes icon within the Data Grids tab of the ribbon menu.
By default the Codes grid is in groups for ease of use; click on a [+] icon from the left side to expand each category and double-click on a record to edit it.
Adding a New Code
Right click in the Codes grid to bring up a new Add Code dialog. Required fields are highlighted PINK by default.
- Code: The code name that appears in the drop down menu.
- Code Short: Acronym or a shortened version of the code name.
- Group: The category that the code belongs to, such as Locations.
- Sequence: The number order this code will appear in the drop down menu.
- Is Active checkbox: Allows you to show or hide a code in the dropdown menu.
- If you select the Locations group, you will have a Sub Location dropdown menu to allow you to add a sub location. To do this, create a new code record and choose the Location Types group. Save the record and it will become an option for Sub Locations.
- If you select the Status - Codes Equipment group, selecting the Is Hidden checkbox allows you to hide an Equipment record if the status code is marked Is Hidden.
Custom fields are available for adding Characters, Dates, Numbers, and Check boxes. Visit the Change Field Names help topic to learn how to edit these fields.
This is a READ-ONLY information tab used as a reference to view which user created the record and which user was the last to edit it, including the dates and times these occurred.
Last Updated: 08 April 2021