All of the simple codes (used in drop downs and other locations) are kept in a single code grid for easy reference and update.
To edit a Code record, click on the Codes icon (barcode) within the Common tab of the ribbon menu.
TIP: To make the Codes easier to navigate, first right-click for the context menu and enable the Group-By Box feature. Click and drag the "Group" column header into the grey bar above it. Now all of the groups are visible at a glance and their sub-categories can be easily accessed by clicking on the + symbol on the left hand side of each row.
- Department types
- Email types
- Location types
- Note types
- Phone types
- Procedure Group types
- Procedure Step Response types
- Procedure Step types
Adding a New Code
Right click in the Codes grid to bring up a new Add Code dialog. Within the Edit Code dialog are Code and Custom tabs.
- Code refers to the specific item in the drop down menu.
- Code Short refers to the acronym chosen for the code.
- Group refers to the drop down menu category that it belongs to.
- The Sequence number refers to the order this code will appear in the drop down menu.
- The checkbox "Is Active" allows you to show or hide this code.
- The Locations codes have a Sub Location option to allow you to add a custom sub location. To do this, just create a new record and choose the option for "Location Types" under the Group drop-down menu. Now save the record and it will become an option for Sub Location.
The Custom Tab includes blank fields that are available to suit your needs. Customize these fields in the Options dialog using the "Edit Form Labels" button within the Admin tab.
After entering new Module Codes, navigate to the Utilities tab and click on the [Reload Data Tables] button to make them visible.
Last updated: 10 Dec 2017