All of the simple codes (used in drop downs and other locations) are kept in a single Codes grid for easy reference and update. To edit a Code record, click on the Codes icon within the Data Grids tab of the ribbon menu.
By default the Codes grid is itemized for ease of use; click on a [+] icon from the left side to expand each category and double-click on a record to edit it.
- Account Types
- Attachment Categories
- Department Types
- Document Classes
- Document Subjects
- Document Type
- Email Types
- Measurement Unit Types
- Measurement Units
- Note Types
- Phone Types
- Procedure Group Types
- Procedure Step Response Types
- Procedure Step Types
- Project Types
- Service Categories
- Size and Ranges
- Status Codes
- Work Order Priorities
Adding a New Code
Right click in the Codes grid to bring up a new Add Code dialog. Within the Edit Code dialog are Code, Custom, and Meta tabs.
- Code refers to the specific item in the drop down menu.
- Code Short refers to the acronym chosen for the code.
- Group refers to the drop down menu category that it belongs to.
- The Sequence number refers to the order this code will appear in the drop down menu.
- The checkbox "Is Active" allows you to show or hide a code.
- The Locations codes have a Sub Location option to allow you to add a custom sub location. To do this, just create a new record and choose the option for "Location Types" under the Group drop-down menu. Now save the record and it will become an option for Sub Location.
The Custom Tab includes blank fields that are available to suit your needs. Customize these fields in the Options dialog using the "Edit Form Labels" button within the Admin tab.
The Meta tab is a read-only source of information on who created and updated the table.
Reload Data Tables
After entering new Module Codes, navigate to the Utilities tab and click on the [Reload Data Tables] button to make them visible.
Last Updated: 11 March 2019