Limit Equipment Visibility by Site
Make Site Equipment Visible to Specific Users
There are several scenarios where this feature may be useful. Remember that the Site field names can be changed to names like Customer, Group, Type, etc.
- When a central database is used by multiple sites where Users should only view Equipment from their own Site.
- Each Site represents a different Customer, and Users should only have access to the Equipment of specific Customers. In this scenario it would be helpful to rename the Site field to "Customer", or whatever is most appropriate.
- When sites represent different Groups (e.g., Calibration, Maintenance, etc.) and Users in each Group should only have access to their own Equipment. In this scenario it would be helpful to rename the Site field to "Group", or whatever is most appropriate.
Use the following checklist to ensure all steps are completed to set up Limited Equipment Visibility by Site:
- Create Company records designated as a Site, Customer/Client, or any Company Type designated as a Site.
- Update the Site field for all Equipment that will be included.
- Enable User Authentication being sure to create Users who will be granted access.
- Link Users to Sites using the User Sites feature found in the Utilities tab of the ribbon menu.
- In the Admin tab of the Options dialog, check the "Display Equipment Only From Assigned Sites When Signed In" checkbox.
Last Updated: 26 June 2019